Behind the Scenes of Duck-Rabbit: Robert
Oct 03, 2016
Name: Robert Owen
1. How long have you been a part of the Duck-Rabbit family?
- 8 years (in October 2016)
2. What inspired you to work in sales for a craft brewery?
- I’d been working in sales for about 5 years, and I was tired of selling things that I had no passion for…. When the opportunity to work for Duck-Rabbit came up, I jumped at it! Perhaps it goes without saying, but I have a great passion for craft beer.
3. What area in our distribution territory do you cover?
- I cover the eastern half of North Carolina (The Triangle and the Coast).
4. What is your favorite part of being on the sales team for Duck-Rabbit?
- It’s a wonderful thing to be a part of an organization that is dedicated to producing exceptional craft beer. While we’re a diverse group of folks, we all share a love for delicious dark beer and a desire to share it with everyone!
5. Other than sales, what else do you do with the brewery?
- Whatever is asked of me! I have done everything from researching and developing new markets, to sweeping the floor at the brewery.
6. Who is the person you admire the most?
- My wife, who is one of the most impressive individuals I’ve ever met.
7. When you aren’t working, what are some of your favorite hobbies?
- I love playing rock and roll music, and Skiing (when I can find time to go), and I also enjoy some excessively nerdy board games.
8. What is the most interesting thing about you/something most people don’t know about you?
- I was one class away from being an art minor in college, and that led to me carving a sculpture of a dog from limestone (named B ), which now resides in my father’s office. While I don’t have the time (or patience) to do any stone carving these days, it’s something I’m rather proud of having done at least once.
9. What is something you absolutely cannot live without?
- My family. I love my family and I just couldn’t live without them. I could get along without just about everything else (even beer and cheeseburgers, though it’d be tough!)
10. Anything else you’d like us to know?
- One of the things that draws me to beer is it’s rich history. It’s a product so deeply tied to our society - its influence on history is fascinating to me.