1. How long have you been a part of the Duck-Rabbit family?
Fast approaching 2 years now
2. What inspired you to work in sales for a craft brewery?
I had been working in retail and bar side of things for a few years and met a number of craft brewery reps. They all had this tremendous measure of pride of what they did and who they worked for. I really wanted to get in on that.
3. What area in our distribution territory do you cover?
Central NC, meaning Charlotte and Triad, all of SC, and Southern GA
4. What is your favorite part of being on the sales team for Duck-Rabbit?
The people I have met along the way. While most are solid business relationships there are a number that have become friendships, and some of those even accepted me texting or calling shortly after my son was born to ask if the whole no sleep thing would end at some point.
5. Other than sales, what else do you do with the brewery?
Events, promotions, those kind of things.
6. Who is/are the person/people you admire the most?
The parents. You’ll notice most of my answers pertain to kids. We just had our first since I started working here. And finding work life balance is difficult. So I raise a glass to all the parents working full time jobs. You go!
7. When you aren’t working, what are some of your favorite hobbies?
Writing. Dungeons and Dragons. Backpacking. And as of recently I’d like to get more into white water rafting.
8. What is the most interesting thing about you/something most people don’t know about you?
I’ve had 4 short films shown on a movie screen. For about a year a friend and I collaborated on a webcomic. And I’m currently designing my own table top role playing game.
9. What is something you absolutely cannot live without?
My son, my wife, and coffee. The order fluctuates depending on the day. For all doubters, have a teething baby keep you up all night then see which one you really want to see in the morning.
10. Anything else you’d like us to know?
I’m mad Tommen Baratheon cancelled Cleganebowl.